Join our Team
Atova Regulatory Consulting is a small but mighty, female led consultancy based in beautiful Barcelona. We are passionate about food technology and the role that it plays in our future.
We are passionate about alternative proteins and foodtech, and we believe in a better future. We are also alternative in our thinking and our approach, and we believe that consulting can be done better.
We are 100% customer focused and we believe in “no surprises” consulting where our clients can expect excellent work, which is delivered to agreed timelines and budgets.
Most importantly, we believe in our team!
Happy and healthy team = Happy clients = Happy and healthy business
We promote self-growth and offer a kind and supportive work environment. We are a dynamic team and we value problem solving and initiative. We love science and are passionate about the environment and trying to reduce our ecological impact on the world. We welcome feedback and new ideas, and we look to evolve, learn, and become better. We also enjoy a low-hierarchy philosophy, where everyone is equally valued and respected.
Regulatory & Novel Food Specialist
We are looking for a regulatory scientist and novel food and feed expert to join our growing team. Come and help us help our clients to get their products to market and play a part in bettering our future.
You are motivated and passionate about science and the future of food. You have a solid scientific background and can use that knowledge to assist our clients in building the evidence they need to support the safety of their products and to pass regulatory approval. You can also use your scientific background to interpret current regulatory frameworks and anticipate regulatory authorities’ questions based on the type of food or feed product and the technology by which it is produced.
You have excellent attention to detail and care about the quality of the work that you prepare. You are customer and team focused and can think outside the box to solve problems and you see the bigger picture.
You are eager to learn and develop new skills and knowledge and possess a can-do attitude. You have at least three years regulatory experience with novel foods and/or animal feed.
Life science degree
+3 years regulatory experience with novel foods and/or animal feed
Excellent written and spoken English
Nice to have
Fluent in another language
Food and feed labelling experience
Biopesticide or food contact material experience
About the job
As a regulatory scientist and novel food and feed expert you will be responsible for the following:
• Looking at the regulatory feasibility of novel food and feed ingredients and manufacturing processes
• Assessing the novel status of novel food and feed ingredients in the EU, USA, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand and Canada
• Providing regulatory strategic advice on pathways, costings, and timelines to market
• Performing data audits and gap analyses and helping clients to understand which studies are required for regulatory approval
• Providing advice on study design
• Keeping up to date with regulations and guidance documents in relevant jurisdictions
• Preparing and submitting regulatory dossiers
• Being the point of contact between our clients and the regulatory authorities
What we offer
• Permanent contract offered after 3 months trial period
• A competitive salary
• Health insurance
• Tax-free benefits
• Performance related bonus
• Holidays: 28 days
• Place of work: hybrid
• Location: Barcelona
To apply, please send us a copy of your CV and a 1-page motivation letter!
We look forward to hearing from you.